aports of world

Tuesday, November 30, 2010


                             WRESTLING


Ever since I stepped on the mat, I wanted to learn as much about wrestling as I could. As my first match approached, I felt confident in my abilities. Being the only member of my team who lost at our season opener was the most embarrassing experience of my life. Hubris was my major downfall - I had over-estimated my ability, and losing was a rude awakening.A variety of skills are taught at college wrestling camps including takedowns, pinning, mental attitude, strength development, escapes, reversals, weight lose and nutrition. There is usually a lot of drilling and plenty of live wrestling as well.The 2 basic styles of amateur wrestling are Greco-Roman and freestyle. Other forms of wrestling are common within different cultures.
So for the past 2 to 3 quarters I spent long hours in the hot, thick-aired wrestling room conditioning non-stop with my female coach, Natalia. My parents told my coach to bring her in since they still did not want me to wrestle guys, especially after I passed out the first time I attempted to wrestle a guy.Though interest in foot-bags faded, a core group of competitors has remained. Those who use footbags value how it increases their agility, coordination, endurance, balance, and concentration College-style wrestling, sometimes also known as scholastic or folk-style wrestling, is a form of wrestling that is native to the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment